Thursday 29 May 2014

My Favourite Light Coverage Bases: BB Creams and Tinted Moisturisers

You know you love a product when you (a) have to have it placed within arm's reach on your dressing table/ vanity (b) travel with it and (c) want to tell everyone about it.

Here are my top three base products for light coverage:
Dior Nude BB Creme; Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser; Dr Jart Regenerating BB


Let's be honest here, I own a fair few foundations. Part of my make-up obsession/ affliction means that I cannot resist trying lots of different products before using the ones I have up! I'm sure this will not always be the case, but for now, I'm enjoying it!

I've posted about foundations I like fairly recently, but for day-to-day when I have ten minutes to slap on a bit of make-up before work, BB creams and tinted moisturisers are what I tend to grab. Also, the Summer is not a time when I want to be relying on foundation if I don't need to.

Dior Nude BB Creme is just as fabulous as I hoped it would be. I obviously have the lightest shade and it is perfectly pink-toned and gives a decent coverage of redness. I love this stuff and yes, I would re-purchase, even though it has a hefty price tag. In reality, I don't think I'll need to for a long, long time, because I use these products on rotation with each other. Bourjois' 123 Perfect CC Cream is also in my rotation and is very comparable to the coverage the Dior creme gives, so I would highly recommend buying that one for those on a budget.

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is also a nice product for lighter coverage. It is less creamy than the Dior Creme and the colour Finland is more neutral than cool-toned. This shade will probably see me into the Summer when I have a (very slight!) bit of colour to my face. This is definitely a glowy product and suits my skin type. Oilier skins may want to stay away; I usually have to powder this one a bit, and I have dry skin!

Dr Jart Beauty Balm: what can I say? This one has stood the test of time for me. I have had it for well over a year and I still think this holds its own compared to any other base product I own. I included this in my Summer face products post, and I cannot sing its praises enough. The texture is creamy and just thick enough to give great coverage. Redness is blended away and the formulation moisturises beautifully, even around drier areas like my nose. 

What are your favourite BB creams or tinted moisturisers? 

No comments :

Post a Comment