Wednesday 11 April 2012

Review: Revlon Lip Butters


Lips: it's a thumbs up from me
As you can see by my toothy grin, the Revlon Lip Butters are a hit with my smackers! I am sporting number 055 'Cupcake' in the photo which is my favourite of the three I have.

The Colorburst Lip Butters were quite recently released in the UK after being a coveted item of many US bloggers. I was curious to see if they lived up to the hype, especially as Mac tends to be what I turn to most nowadays for my lips, especially their conditioner in the pot- it's amazing.


Revlon describe their Lip Butters as a: "Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips".

And they're right! The consistency is wonderfully emollient, soft and definately not sticky. You could give someone a peck on the cheek without them turning away in disgust and rubbing any tar-like transfer off their face- this is one of the crimes of the Mac lipglosses, I find. You can forget this effect with the Lip Butters; they contain mango, shea and coconut butter apparently, and they leave your lips feeling lovely and hydrated. I can imagine that I will be getting a lot of use out of these in the winter when my lips become sore, chapped and miserable.

The colour pay-off is actually not unlike a Cremesheen lipstick from Mac in many of the shades I have seen swatched on the net. In fact, 'Cupcake' could be compared to some of the more daring blue-pinks that Mac has to offer and is a wonderful way to wear some colour without looking like you've tried to hard or raided a clown's make-up drawer. It can be worn sheerly and looks wonderful with cool-toned skin and, I would imagine, with a tan. For reference, here is a picture of my lips naked so you can get an idea of the pigment of the product:


Naked lips

"Cupcake" yum yum

Another perk is the glossy finish which saves you wearing gloss and getting your hair stuck to your lips (you know what I'm talking about; we've all been there).

I also purchased "Peach Parfait" (025) and "Sugar Frosting" (005) which are pictured below. The peach colour is not too orangey and gives a nice, warmer tone to the lips which I think even pinky-skinned folk like myself can pull off. "Sugar Frosting" really reminds me of "Politely Pink" by Mac as it gives a hint of pale pink with shimmer, but nothing too much. I would say it is a nice, work-appropriate option if you don't want attention drawn to your lips!

"Peach Parfait"
"Sugar Frosting"
Overall then, these are a fantastic option for beginners who want to experiment with colour without going overboard; good for people on the go who don't have the time or inclination to stop by a mirror and re-apply lippy throughout the day; and finally, at £7.99, they won't break the bank. They are a good quality product and they keep your lips feeling great!
"Sugar Frosting", "Cupcake", "Peach Parfait"

P.S. This is my first blog post. I would love to hear from people who have read my post!

No comments :

Post a Comment