Saturday 1 March 2014

Review: DiorBlush Rose Libertine No. 939

Rose Libertine (shade 939) was my pick of the Vibrant Colour Powder Blush range by Dior. For me, this was an investment blush, so I therefore researched it a lot before I finally purchased it. Ideally we would all visit counters before we part with our money, but if you live outside London, that is not always possible for some brands. My research told me that it would be a good shade for my fair skin and I was right! This blush is now the pride of my ever-growing collection. Here's why:


1. The blush is a soft, plum-tinged pink which works well to give a subtle, pretty flush of colour. It is possible to build the colour up, but it looks natural and glowy on me. It is a sparkly blush in the pan, which could be off-putting for some as the glitter is clearly visible, but when blended on the cheekbones, it gives a beautiful shimmery finish which catches the light.

Swatched                                                        Blended out


2. The packaging is beautiful as you would expect from a brand like Dior. The compact is navy with silver branding;  it looks luxurious and sophisticated, which I love. It also comes with a small brush, which could be used for travel and a navy velvet pouch.

3. For me, Rose Libertine works for any occasion, be it the office, the beach or an evening out. It is not a shade that draws attention away from your eye makeup, if you are wearing a smoky eye, and it pulls together a more natural look perfectly.

Overall, I would say it is a unique colour in my collection, despite being a light pink shade, which I tend to own quite a few of. It is closest to Mac's 'Well-Dressed', but not in any way similar. Where 'Well-Dressed'  and 'Rose Libertine' both have silver shimmer, 'Well-Dressed' is cooler-toned and less-pigmented.

Would I recommend this blush? Yes, definitely to pale-skinned folks who want a highlighting blush that gives a really pretty effect.

I purchased it at escentual.com, which I would recommend particularly if you are in the UK, as you will pay less than the rrp. escentual.com also ship internationally.

No comments :

Post a Comment