Tuesday 13 May 2014

Review: Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow ("Believe In Me") Foundation

Today's foundation review is Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. I purchased this after hearing good things about the lightweight and hydrating formula. I like a foundation that covers well, but looks like skin. I think this product does just that.

It is a light, buildable coverage that is great for drier skin because it has a liquid formula rather than being too thick and creamy. Today I used my Sigma Flat Top brush to buff and blend the product into my skin, but you could use your fingers.
Shade: "Believe in Me" Ivory;                                   photograph taken in natural light

Terrifying as these next pictures might be (one of me is quite enough, thank you!), it helps for you to see the effect that the product gives. The lighting is fairly flattering here and I do not have any skin issues at the moment, but you can see the foundation does a good job at evening the skin tone out. It won't cover freckles or spots completely, but will soften them to some extent. Also note that I have applied a concealer separately under the eyes.
The finish is quite natural, but you may need to powder if you are oilier. Compared to Nars' Sheer Glow, the coverage of this is a bit lighter, however it is more hassle-free for dry skin, as Sheer Glow can cling to drier patches. This product is like a step up (in terms of coverage) from a BB cream, but otherwise, quite similar.  



You can see a close-up of the finish to the right. The finish is very skin-like and only slightly clings to little hairs on your face. To be fair, nobody is going to be studying your face that closely, apart from you (and if they are, they probably need to back the hell off!).

The shade I was recommended is the second lightest and pinker toned. It seems to be a good match for me. I'm really glad that I tried this product and I wear it regularly. It is oil-free and has SPF25, which add to the other pros I have stated.


If I was to make one improvement to the foundation, I would like to see a wider range of shades. I would also like to see them bring out a matching concealer that has good coverage, but the same liquid formula.


Overall, a great product!


See here for more information.


#Benefit #make-up #bbloggers #beauty 


No comments :

Post a Comment