Tuesday 6 May 2014

Review: Charlotte Tilbury's Cheek to Chic Blush in Love Glow

Feast your eyes on this gorgeous packaging. This is my review of Charlotte Tilbury's 'Cheek to Chic' blush in Love Glow which I would describe as being a finely golden-shimmered, warm pink (outer part), with the inner part being a cooler, lighter pink.

The idea behind this product is that you use the inner colour as a colour on the apples of your cheeks with the outer colour being used to give a highlighting blush to the cheek bone. To be honest, I usually swirl them both together, which creates a lovely, fairly bright glow to my skin.
Left: with flash        Right: No flash
You can see in my photos that the flash of my camera picks up the 'glow' of the product; it is also a fairer representation of the colour tones. The outer shade could be compared to Nars Orgasm, however the shimmer is finer and therefore (in my opinion) more subtle and natural-looking on the skin. It is also more pink than peachy-pink. 
Left: with flash        Right: No flash    Top: Outer    Middle: Inner     Bottom: both swirled together
The pigmentation of this blush is great, and I barely have to use any product to get a lovely, glowy effect. Being a renowned UK make-up artist, Charlotte Tilbury knows how to make products that deliver fantastic results. This is a luxury product in my view and of course comes with a price tag which reflects that: £30.00 is expensive, but for a superior product that will last years, it is a worthwhile investment if you can afford it.

In the picture on the left, you can see the pretty sheen and colour. The blush can be layered for darker complexions, or sheered out more so than I did, to create a more seamless and subtle effect (I wanted to get the colour to pick up, so didn't blend it too much in the photo).

Check out Charlotte's full collection here. Even if you're just browsing, her site is a make-up lover's haven!

No comments :

Post a Comment