Monday 12 May 2014

Review: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (Mont Blanc)


Nars Sheer Glow is a foundation that is either a friend or foe. Let me explain: some days I end up with a really nice finish; not matte, not overly dewy. Other days I end up with cakey foundation clinging to every hair, dry patch or blemish on my face; announcing them to the world like they are my pride and joy!

Today is a good skin day, where Sheer Glow and I are buddies; but equally, tomorrow could be a day where we have a nasty fall-out.

I guess if you have dry skin, it's all in the preparation with this foundation. Exfoliation, rich moisturising and maybe even a primer are a must. I would also recommend that you use a beauty sponge (dampened) or work it into the skin with your fingers, warming the product up and massaging it in as you go.


To be useful to anyone reading this who may want to see a close-up (I know I do when I research new products), see the picture (right). I have not filtered any of these images, they are taken in sunlight with no flash. I have not powdered my face either, to give a true reflection of what the finish is like. You can see that this is not a full coverage product, it is more light-medium buildable. I apply it sparingly because my make-up mantra is that it's better to look like you (just slightly better), than look like you're wearing a mask.

For info, I use the shade Mont Blanc which is a good match for pale skin with pink undertones.



No comments :

Post a Comment