Sunday 29 June 2014

Spotty Day Make-up!

Today's make-up post is all about concealing spots. I posted about dealing with break-outs in one of my earlier posts, but seeing as my skin has decided to wage war on me, it seemed like an opportunity to show how I keep them hidden during the daytime.


First of all, here is my concealer arsenal:
 You can see that I have quite the collection of concealers, but which ones do I reach for on a day-to-day basis?

Bobbi Brown's Corrector is a must-have for me. With its pink undertones, it is great for concealing dark circles under the eyes. It is also very creamy and easy to blend; it does not settle into fine lines. I use the shade Light Bisque.

Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla is a god-send for me, having dry skin. It can be used for additional coverage under the eyes and on blemishes. The beauty of this product is that it doesn't dry out spots, leaving them looking flaky and therefore drawing even more attention.

Mac Studio Finish Concealer is what I use when I want maximum spot coverage (today is one of those days!). I originally purchased NC20 and then NW15. NC20 has a yellow undertone, so is great for taking the redness out of spots, but NW15 is the shade I would say my skin is, therefore mixing the two works well. Mac released this beauty a while ago and I knew I had to get my hands on it:
Top left: NC15 Top right:W10    Middle left: NC20   Middle left: NW20      Bottom left: Pale yellow   Bottom right: pale pink
The Pro Conceal and Correct Palette in Light is wonderful because you can achieve colour correction and coverage in your perfect shade by blending colours. 

As I have dry skin and my spots are under the skin, painful buggars, I made sure to moisturise well to achieve a smooth finish. I then applied Bourjois' CC cream to take down the colour of the spots a little. This product is just great and I have mentioned it a lot in previous posts.

Then the magic of Mac's concealer happened:
I lightly powdered over the face to set the products and then set about creating a rose-gold, winged liner look. I used the following products to achieve the look:
And here is the finished look:

 What concealers can you not live without?

No comments :

Post a Comment