Tuesday 3 June 2014

Pretty Pink Wearable Make-Up, feat. the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

I'll be honest, I bought the #Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette thinking that the pink toned shadows would be a match made in heaven for my pink-toned skin. Despite this, I have struggled a bit to make this work for me for everyday make-up looks.
Wearing Clarins' Complexion Base only

So I decided to give it another try, and I'm pleased with the results. Here's how I achieved this pink-themed, yet wearable make-up:



First, I applied The Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base (what a ridiculously long name!). I have the shade Rose 01 and I find it gives a good smooth and glowy base for foundation, without any glitter or OTT pearlescence.The photo, right, gives a good idea of what it does for my skin. I have not re-touched this, or the 'after' picture at the end.

Over this, I used Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in shade 51 (Vanille Clair). It's quite a nice, cheaper option that is readily available in the UK and probably in many other countries. It is light and low coverage, but does give a 'glow' to the skin which is what I wanted for this make-up to appear natural and pretty.

Now for the eye look:
The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette showing the shades I used
This is how I created the eye look:
Left to right: 1. Strange all over lid 2. Limit blended from outer corner across lid and into crease   3. Nooner added to crease for depth and Dust swept across middle of eyelid    4.  Mac Avenue gel eyeliner, Benefit They're Real and under eye concealer applied
I also applied some gel eyeliner in a dark brown shimmery shade and underye concealer (Nars Creamy Conclealer in Vanilla)





For the cheeks I used Nars' blush in Daydream which is a matte pinky coral shade. Over this, I used my Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in Ethereal Glow which gives a lovely subtle highlight to the cheekbones. Over the whole face I very lightly set the look with some of my Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder. This stuff gives the skin a beautiful soft focus look, does not cake and takes away shine without mattifying completely.



 For lips, my shade of choice was Rimmel's Notting Hill Nude which is a lovely hydrating formula and a nice neutral, nude pink colour. Et voila! Here is the finished look. 

#bbloggers #beauty           



No comments :

Post a Comment