Monday 23 June 2014

Sixties-inspired Make-up

My friend Hannah's 30th birthday party gave me a great excuse to do a sixties-inspired make-up look over the weekend. It was great to see everyone dressed up in their 50s and 60s frocks and the birthday girl looked fabulous!


I got a little inspiration from Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby, after watching it again recently. The look is not really very similar, but I took on board the flushed cheeks and nude/ peachy lips. The bottom lash mascara is also something that I knew I needed to incorporate.
Time for a little review: I achieved the liner look with Revlon's pen liner and I really struggled. I am no expert with liner, but this was a nightmare! The pen gave a strong line at first, but it soon dried out at the tip, so I had to use it on it's side to get any kind of pigment. I wish I'd bought my Maybelline or Mac gel liner, but as I was staying back home in Kent, I had to pick this up at the last minute.
As you can see in the image above, some of my favourite products, including the Topshop cream blush in Flush, Benefit's They're Real, and the Bourjois CC cream came out to play, as well as my prized possession: the highly sought after, Narsissist palette by Nars.

This collection of shadows is truly a thing of beauty. People have mentioned that the pigmentation is lacking in quality compared to the single/ duo shadow versions, but for me, it really is special. The pigmentation is great over a lid primer. I used Nepal (left) across the whole lid to give a wash of peachy-bronze. I then used Fez (top) to add depth to the outer corners and crease, and Bad Behaviour (bottom) to add some blue-green duochrome to the outer corners.
The final look was complete with some Urban Decay 24/7 lipliner pencil in Naked with some Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector over the top.

No comments :

Post a Comment