Monday 6 October 2014

Review: NYX powder blushes

Left to right: Angel, Natural, Peach
I purchased three blushes from NYX some time last year and have been sporadically using them ever since. My blush reviews tend to be quite popular (people must have the same condition I have!), so I thought I'd review them.
NYX are readily available in the US, but in the UK they are harder to find. I purchased mine from love-makeup.co.uk, but I'm sad to report they are not currently available on the site. NYX do have a UK website, but I have not ordered from them so I cannot comment on the ease of use of that site.

The blushes are pigmented and afforable. I believe I paid £6 (maybe even less) for each blush. The range of colours is also a big draw factor when it comes to this brand. On the NYX website they show 25 shades available in the powder blush.

I purchased Angel (a light, warm pink satin); Natural (a light-medium cooler pink with slight shimmer); and Peach (a vibrant coral-pink matte).

Angel and Natural appear quite similar on websites advertising these blushes, but in person they are very different. You can see that swatched, Angel looks almost peach-toned compared to Natural, due to its yellow, warm hue. On the cheeks, both Angel and Natural are quite wearable for my pale skin and can be layered to build up colour. 

Peach, on the other hand, is much more pigmented and brighter. To be honest, it is more of a pink than a peach. It needs a light application on my face, but if you're darker, it would work great for you. It is a cheaper alternative to similar pricier blushes as this coral colour is always popular for Spring/Summer.

The quality of these blushes is great for the price. They are pigmented and easy to apply. They tend to be chalkier than Nars and Mac blushes, but once applied, you wouldn't really know the difference.

Have you tried any NYX blushes?
post signature

6 comments :

  1. These are such pretty colours- they do look a little chalky but it's good to hear that they aren't too bad once applied. Great post :) I'm your newest follower!

    Feel free to pop by and say hello http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the colour range, although it would be good to have them more readily available here in the UK! I will certainly check out your blog x

      Delete
  2. Angel and Peach look gorgeous! I've only tried 1 nyx blush but i love it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have peach and angel - love them both <3

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them too, although I have to go easy with Peach! x

      Delete