Tuesday 14 October 2014

First impressions: Colab Dry Shampoo by Ruth Crilly

Youtuber and model, Ruth Crilly, has released a range of fragranced dry shampoos. When I saw them on Feel Unique I knew I had to try them out, so I purchased all five scents in the 50ml size for £2.00 each. The full size is 200ml and is even more cost effective at £3.50.

My hair gets lank and a bit greasy on the second day after washing because my hair is quite thin and very fine, so dry shampoo is a must for me. Despite using in frequently, I don't really like dry shampoos! The feel in the hair is not very pleasant to me and many affordable brands can feel really drying and overload my roots with product. 
The Colab dry shampoos are clear- so no annoying white powder will have to be rubbed frantically into the hair. The fragrances are really pleasant, with the exotic and fruity scents being some of the nicest I've come across. The fragrances are named after capital cities- a fun idea, but not a novel one. My favourite is probably the original 'London' scent as it is quite fresh and not too overpowering with cologne scent, like some dry shampoos tend to favour.
Left: before    Right: after
You can see that this product works well to alleviate the flat look of my second day hair. The slightly greasy roots are also mattified. I haven't yet found a dry shampoo that can make me 100% happy with my second day hair, maybe I never will. Either way, these are fab little sprays (I adore the handbag sizes) and they freshen up your hair beautifully, even if they're no miracle solution for greasy locks!
post signature

5 comments :

  1. I just won a set of these on twitter the other day so be interesting to see what they are like as I am not a fan of dry shampoo's. I hate the feeling they leave in my hair. I will give them a try though and see if these can change my mind, but I doubt it.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the win! Let me know how you get on with them. x

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed reading this. :) x - Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) This does seem to be a popular post! x

      Delete
  3. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
    say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    In any case I'll be subscribing in your rss feed and I am hoping you write
    again soon!

    ReplyDelete