Thursday 30 July 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Products Review (including Norman Parkinson collection items)

Charlotte Tilbury's make-up line is exquisite to look at and admire. The new Norman Parkinson collection is beautiful and I am pleased to have got my hands on a few pieces to add to my cosmetics collection. 

For those not in the know, Charlotte Tilbury is a famous make-up artist with supermodel clients. Her philosophy is that you can give any woman the right make-up and she will look beautiful. I like the idea that Charlotte sees make-up as a secret weapon to confidence because for me, cosmetics make me feel good about myself. Norman Parkinson was a famous British fashion photographer and his images are iconic- so much so that Charlotte wanted to use some of the vintage images as the focus of a new collection, inspired by 1960s and 70s glamour .
 I have accumulated these products over some time, although I did spurge on some items from the newer collections a month ago. They are pricey items and therefore I intend for the products to be well-loved and used rather than sat there where I will not get the joy out of them.

The Norman Parkinson cream blush called Colour of Youth is a stunning colour which blends out to look very natural- the exact colour of a natural flush to the cheeks. It isn't technically a cream, but rather a blendable gel-like texture with no stickiness or drying feeling. It features absolutely stunning packaging with Norman Parkinson's wife in the image. I liked this image the best out of all of the collection because of the colours and her laid back pose. I will really treasure this blush, even when I use it up and just have the compact to admire!

The eye products I have purchased are great, although I will be honest and say the mascara is not the best I have ever tried. It requires more effort in application than Benefit or YSL mascaras, but the result is nevertheless very pretty and volumised. The Rock 'N' Kohl liner in Barbarella Brown is fabulous! It goes on even more smoothly than my favourite Urban Decay 24/7 liners and the colour is a perfect opaque brown-black; it is perfect for lining in that it creates a cat eye with ease and also works well on the waterline. It is not completely budge-proof, but near enough. Finally, the Eyes to Mesmerise cream eye shadow in Marie Antoinette is stunning. It applies so smoothly and the light brown-gold is neutral enough to wear at any time of the day or night. The frosted finish looks amazing and there is no glitter or over the top sparkle.

For lips, I couldn't pass up on the neutral Matte Revolution lipstick in the shade Miss Kensington. I have been looking at the Nude Kate or Penelope Pink shades in the main collection for a long while now, but when I saw the lovely nude pink shade from the Norman Parkinson collection, with its rose gold packaging, I just couldn't pass it up. I like it and will get plenty of use from it, but I wouldn't recommend it for those who like more dramatic lips as it is a subtle colour. This matte is not chalky, but smooth and natural feeling- very comfortable to wear. The colour is a very inoffensive light to mid pink- perfect for the type of make-up I like to wear. I also used the Lip Cheat lip liner in Pillow Talk, which is a neutral pink which makes your lips look fuller.

Overall, I would recommend Charlotte Tilbury's make-up line for a special treat. The products, on the whole, are far superior to other brands I use, including Mac and rivalling some items from Nars. The packaging is part of the experience of luxury you get when you buy into this line; you feel like a 1950s screen siren when you apply the products as the classic designs are truly special. Some may quibble the fact that the compacts are made of plastic rather than metal, but although they aren't weighty, they are well-made and feel nice in your hand. 

My favourite items are the blush and cream eyeshadow because they apply like nothing else I own and the effect they give is so classy and polished. I have my eye on a few more items from Charlotte Tilbury, including the Colour Chameleon eyeshadow pencils, but for now I'm enjoying these products and how they make me feel!

Have you tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury? 
post signature

4 comments :

  1. I'm so jealous of all your buys!! I've been umming and ahhing about miss kensington after missing out on bitch perfect! I have amazing grace and pillow talk and love them! I also have an eyeshadow pallette and it's amazing coverage!
    www.thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like neutral lipstick ('your lips but better'!) you should invest in Miss Kensington. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. The new collection is so gorgeous like the rest of her beauty range. I love that shade of nude lipstick, stunning and cream eyeshadow looks amazing too x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eyeing up the highlighter in the new collection too! We'll see how much restraint I have...
      Thanks for commenting again Alina. Your blog is fabulous! x

      Delete