Thursday 9 July 2015

Skincare Recommendations for Dehydrated Skin

I have dehydrated skin. This means that my skin lacks water, rather than oil. My face looks dry and fine lines can show up easily when I do not address the dehydration. It is also possible to be dry (skin lacking oil) as well as dehydrated.

The number one product you can get your hands on is free. Drinking plenty of water is obviously going to help your skin look its best, but I have also discovered some great products over the last few months which are working nicely.

Algenist Genius Anti-aging eye cream is keeping my eye area smooth and intensely hydrated. It is a plant-based product which has a moussey texture to it. Available at SpaceNK, this is expensive, but for me, worth it.  

Sunday Riley Flora Hydroactive Celluar Face Oil is another product I have recently received a sample of and is helping my skin to retain moisture. I have used it a few times now and apply a few drops overnight before moisturiser (or alone). It has a more substantial consistency than some lighter oils, but that works well for drier skins who need all of the nourishment they can get. It is rose-based and feels very luxurious to use.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum and Day Cream

Vichy is a French pharmacy brand available in Boots in the UK, but also easy to find online. The Aqualia Thermal range is a godsend for dehydrated skin. The serum is a beautiful soothing and light to absorb texture. I didn't get on well with Hydraluron which is a product by Indeed Labs. that is well-loved by the beauty community for keeping skin hydrated. I found it to actually make my skin feel drier and tighter, even when i applied a moisturising product over it. 

The Vichy Aqualia Thermal day cream is available in 'rich' and 'light' formulas and claims to be suitable for sensitive, dehydrated skin. I chose the 'rich' cream and use it at night, preferring to use a high SPF in the day. The cream feels like a splash of water to the face and mostly sinks in. It is perfect for me because I like to dabble with more potent serums, so it acts as a reassuring layer of moisture to my skin when I am using retinols or acids exfoliants. As a final point, this range is not hugely expensive, but you feel like it should be when you apply it.
Algenist Genius Eye Cream

I love reading about skincare and sharing my recommendations.

What type of skincare posts would you be interested in reading?
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment