Wednesday 11 November 2015

Winter Skincare: my picks for 2015

Winter is approaching, the air is turning colder, and the central heating is on for longer periods of time. This can cause our complexions to dry out even more so than usual. The products above are my top picks for keeping my skin calm and happy in these colder months.


Calming face Toner by Naobay
This beautifully cooling, calming water leaves dry, tight skin feeling clean and fresh. I use this to remove dirt in the morning in my rush to get ready and face the cold. It is a natural brand which I came across through my Glossybox subscription. I received this full size product and it is the best toner I have ever used. I hope to re-purchase it when I run out because it really is such a joy to use.
Eve Lom Eye Lift:
This creamy eye cream is hydrating and feels cool on tired under eyes. I like the pump for hygiene reasons, and it feels like it is nourishing my eyes ready for the day. Let's be clear: it won't remove wrinkles, but it will make them less noticeable and more smoothed.

Mac Studio Moisture Fix SPF15:
This stuff is an old favourite and probably my all time favourite moisturiser. It would be suitable for combination as well as dry skin because it sinks in like a sream and is never greasy. Its smell is so lovely and also nostalgic for me because I started using this many years ago when I first got into taking a big interest in beauty and looking after myself. The scent is light, clean and distinctive. The SPF 15 is a must for me, even in the winter because I try to avoid adding any more damage to my skin, especially now I'm in my 30s. Overall, you can't go far wrong with this and it is a perfect base for make-up.

   
Nude Overnight Repair Mask:
 Nude skincare is one of my favourite brands and has been for a long time. It is not cheap by any means, but as readers will know, I believe in self-investment when it comes to skincare. This thick mask is applied to the face and left to work its wonders on dry skin. Excess product is then removed with a cotton pad. I use this before bed when my skin feels dry and/or after exfoliating treatments. It is not scented to my knowledge and it is a lovely winter treat for stressed skin.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate:
I own other oils, but the relaxing scent of this one and the effects you get the next morning make it stand out. I am well aware that the lavendar oil that it contains is not championed by experts as the best oil to use on your face, but I get no adverse effects from this. I tend to use this once or twice a week and it works well for me to keep skin nourished and bright. An alternative oil for those who have very sensitive skin or want to avoid known irritants is rosehip oil. Trilogy are a natural brand who do a nice one. I tend to vary my serums and oils depending on my mood and skin needs. The Recovery Concentrate tends to be good for clarity.


What are your winter skincare picks?
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment