Sunday 11 June 2017

5 Summer Skin Must-Haves for Pale Skin

Whether I wanted to or not, I don't tan. This is something I have come to accept. There's nothing wrong with being pale- I enjoy it- but I do like to give myself a bit of colour in the Summer months. Here are some products I've been using recently to give my pale skin a touch of Summer glow.


The Vita Liberata Fabulous Self-tanning Gradual Lotion is a liquid formula which spreads and blends easily with a fast dry-down. It is colourless to apply and develops evenly over 6-8 hours. The colour is not over the top or orange and can be built up over a few applications.

A new find for me this year is the St. Tropez Bronzing Mouse Express Tan. I appreciate that you can leave this on for just an hour and then shower off. The process of parading scantily clad around the house for hours on end with sticky, foul-smelling tan all over you is a ball ache and I've no time for it. With this, you can speed up the process and you get a nice, even (albeit light) tan. You can go for 2-3 hours for a deeper tan. I use a tanning mitt to apply.

The Overnight Bronze and Glow mask by Charlotte Tilbury gives a subtle bronzey glow, although I will say it is yellow-toned so it would be wise to ensure it is taken down the neck and even onto the decollete. 

The Houglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in the shade Nude Bronze Light is perfect for pale skin. It is subtle and can be easily built up. I have swatched it next to some others that I have so you can see the difference. It is a sheer product which leans a little red, so looks nice worn just under the cheekbones. I also apply some around the hairline, down my nose and around my jaw.
Left to right: Hourglass Nude Bronze Light; The Body Shop Honey Bronze 01; Benefit Hoola
Hoola by Benefit now comes in a lighter shade that may be worth checking out, but I can make the original work for me with a light hand. It doesn't translate too well in the photo, but the Hourglass is quite a bit lighter and sheerer than Hoola. It is warm-toned and a satin-matte finish.
Wearing Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Nude Bronze Light

It is essential to have a high SPF, particularly if you're fair. I wish I had been more proactive in my teens and worn protection as part of my daily routine. I have quite the collection of moles and freckles and I can't help but think I could have been safer in the sun in my youth. La Roche Posay's Anthelios XL in Ultra Light is a fluid SPF50 which is a dream to apply and wear. It feels hydrating, silky and sits perfectly under make-up. There is no chalkiness, stickiness or irritation. I absolutely love this product and it keeps my mind at rest on a daily basis- especially with the UK weather when you don't know when the sun will make an appearance.

Do you have a Summer skin routine? What products can you recommend?

No comments :

Post a Comment